Meg here and I know how tough it can be to stay energized throughout the day. You may not know it from my cheery disposition, but there are times when it’s downright difficult to stay focused on the task at hand when you’d really like a nap. Some days it even seems like my office supplies are feeling a little drowsy. Here are five ways I keep myself (and my electronics) buzzing with energy:
- Morning Caffeine Break- I love to start my day with a cup of coffee and my absolute favorite is Starbucks Breakfast Blend Coffee. I always make sure to keep a supply in the breakroom for those mornings when I can’t seem to wake up. A nice cup of coffee always does the trick!
- Light it Up- I always have found that sitting near a window is a great way to stay focused throughout the day. The natural light coming through keeps me wide awake and working away. For those times that you’re not able to grab some natural light, I recommend a desk lamp with a warm, bright light.
- Take a Walk- Sometimes sitting at a desk can be a drain on your energy. When it seems like you’ve hit an exhaustion wall get up and take a walk! Not only will you get a little exercise, you’ll come back to your desk refreshed and invigorated.
- Stop Battery Drain- There are some days when even my electronics seem to be lacking energy. I make sure that I have a few extra sets of Energizer Alkaline Batteries tucked away in my desk. You never know when your batteries will decide to take a break and it’s a good idea to be prepared.
- Turn up the Tunes- One of my favorite ways to reenergize is by listening to some up-tempo music. If your office allows you to listen to music with headphones or on a radio, I highly recommend it. Nothing gives me focus like one of my favorite playlists. Just make sure you’re focused on your work and not dancing!
I sure hope these tips will come in handy the next time you’re feeling an energy drain in the office. For more ideas on keeping your peepers open all day long, take a look HERE.
Until next time, Meg