Oh Hiya! Meg here, with some easy ideas to take your work day from dull to down right super. Your job may not be the most exciting part of your day, but these workplace resolutions will go a long way to brightening your office outlook.
- Learn Something New– Don’t take for granted all the exciting work your company does! Take an active part in learning something new about your workplace and you’ll be surprised at how much more exciting your job can be. Whether you take a minute to chat with a co-worker about their task list or read up on the recent happenings, staying in the loop keeps you motivated to do your best.
- Sit Up– Sitting for 8 hours in a day can really wear on a body, leaving you feeling exhausted at the end of the day. To combat that sleepy feeling that comes right around 3:00, I’ve decided to stand up and stretch it out. I’m working on taking a short break every hour to give myself a little time to breathe and re-energize. Whether you take a quick walk to the water cooler or take a minute to stand up at your desk, you’ll notice a difference.
- Keep It Clean– Nothing decreases my productivity than a messy workspace. It’s so easy to get distracted in the piles of paper and notes that I simply forget my to-do list. I’m working on staying organized and taking time to neaten up my desk before I head home at night. A neat desk in the morning leads to a successful day!
- Stop Slumping– As the day goes on, I’ve found that my posture starts to droop as well. When I get up to take a little stretch during the day, I’ve found that my posture improves when I sit back down. Getting two things done at once is a great way to improve productivity!
- Positive Notes– Take a minute to jot down a little note about a positive thing that happened during the day. It can be big or small, from drinking an extra glass of water to checking that big project off your to-do list. Then, at the end of the week take a look at all the wonderful things you’ve accomplished. You’ll be smiling in no time!
These resolutions are sure to put a smile on your face during your workday. Have a great month everyone!