November is the time to start thinking about all the upcoming holidays and how your office is going to celebrate! Coordinating an office party seems simple enough, but it always leads to a headache. Follow these steps for planning an office holiday party and enjoy the season!
- Send Invitations: Even if the party is only for employees, make it more official with printed and mailed invitations. This makes your employees feel important and can act as a company holiday greetings card. Make mailing super easy with the Avery 5.5 x 8.5, White Shipping Labels w/TrueBlock Technology.
- Schedule Events: Office parties don’t usually have a set agenda, but make sure to have some back-ups if there’s a lull in activity. Try having music or decorations that encourage conversation.
- Double Plan Refreshments: While planning any party, it is guaranteed that the day-of someone is going to forget or cancel on bringing their assigned refreshment. While delegating who brings what, double up and plan for too many people. That way, you won’t run out of refreshments, and maybe you’ll have leftovers in the office kitchen the following week!
- Don’t Forget Utensils: How many times have you needed to make a last-minute run to the convenience store for forks, cups or napkins? Plan ahead and purchase these materials a couple days before your party and store them at the party location. Our Red SOLO Plastic Party Cold Cups come in packs of 50 and will be perfect for the occasion!
- Create a Cleaning Committee: The party planner is always the one stuck with the clean-up! Make sure to talk to some fellow employees before the party and have them agree to stay after and pick up. Even if there isn’t a large mess, you’ll have a back-up plan and be able to enjoy the party more!
Your office holiday party will go off without a hitch when you follow these simple steps. Enjoy the season!